Sign of Life is enthusiasm and sign of Success is smile.
I am working for about 15 or more hrs a day for last couple of days along with other activities (volunteering etc ) and then too never felt dull, lack of energy and still charged for party , sports or doing 108 Sun salutations. I find myself joyful, ever fresh and enthusiastic. I can feel the energy vibrations each moment. I was just pondering over that and thought about the sources of enthusiasm. Usually in life there will be certain moments, certain things which will keep us High on life, which will bring spark to life to your presence. Those will be the time when you will be in your SELF (touch your being) and that moment will take away all the dullness, boredom, any negativeness. It will flood you with lots of energy, enthusiasm.
And I bet you can be high on life every moment. (Without Alcohol…which keeps you high for some time, them makes you completely drained for more time)…Here once you touch the high you can maintain it forever. (I mean with breathing techniques like Pranayams, Sudershan Kriya).
Just to start with let’s think about the sources of energy. There are four sources of energy – food, sleep, breath, and calm /clear state of mind or meditation.
Food: Always eat food with high Prana/energy. Vegetarian food is the best. Eat the food which makes you fresher than the food which will make you dull (oily, sweeter, deserts, meat). Just I want to quote one rule of thumb which I follow from Aurveda. Don’t eat anything for 3 hrs after you eat anything (i.e. Eat whatever you can digest in 3 hrs) and don’t be hungry for more than 6 hrs.
Next Sleep: better if you can take for 6-7 hrs. More or less will make you feel dull again.
Breathing is very important; without breath, there is no value for our bodies. MOST IMPORTANT.
A few minutes of deep meditation gives so much energy.
Following are few secrets of maintaining your enthusiasm, dynamism, keenness of mind and well-being :
- Breathing:Breathing is life force of life. It s the most important source of energy. Anyways we take breath till the last moment. Better be aware of it and understand it. I feel energized with every incoming breath. Breathing techniques like pranayama channelizes the life force energy in our body. We all float in a sea of prana (life-force energy).
- Meditation: Meditation gives complete rest and enthusiasm. More the peaceful we inside are we become more dynamic outside. Inner Peace = Outer Dynamism (IPOD). Few minutes of meditation gives me so much of energy. For being dynamic enthusiastic first you have to be at complete rest at home. It’s like deeper the foundation of building taller it can go. It is said that 20 minutes of deep meditation is equivalent of 4 hrs of sleep.
- Physical Exercise/Yoga /Gym: It will flush your system to liveliness. Everyone must have experienced this. Yoga stretches removes the toxins in your body. So take time out jog, stretch and do some yoga.
- Creativity : Notice that whenever you do something creative, new, not routine; you feel enthusiastic lively completely in present moment. So be creative and do something new every day. Creativity brings a new beginning for “time”. When you are creative, you break the monotony of time. Everything becomes fresh and alive. Creativity brings along with it a new round of enthusiasm. When you are enthusiastic you are closer to the creative principle of existence. Deep silence is the mother of creativity. No creativity can come out of one who is too busy, worried, over-ambitious or lethargic. Balanced activity, rest and yoga can kindle skills and creativity in you.
- Reading inspirational quotes, stories, blogs, articles… When you are upset, sad and you read some inspiration book/article you start feeling good. Something happens inside you. You start feeling good and get courage to do something. Knowledge is great source of energy. It can motivate you and generate enthusiasm.
- Being with Loved ones: you feel more relaxed, calm and yet uplifted more enthusiastic.
- Challenges: Challenge yourself everyday. A challenge take away boredom caused by monotonous tasks and keeps you pumped up.
- Service, Stretch helping hand: Observe how you feel when you help somebody. It is help to others but more than that see how feels. When service is expression of your joy, love it brings lots of enthusiasm, energy and can never tire you. “If you are unhappy, go out and serve. You will become happy…Unhappiness comes when you sit and think about yourself and brood about yourself and worry about yourself. The candle is burning for you, you don’t have to do anything. The sun is shining for you, there is nothing to do. You have to be grateful, sit below it and serve. Be in love. It’s as simple as that.” – SSRS
- Music of Life: Your favorite music track running, favorite drink (for me its water) in hand, perfect weather…how does it make you feel? More energetic more enthusiastic. Right! Music unites all our hearts. Like music is the rhythm of the sound, the harmony in the sound, life also has to move in harmony. When all the different aspects of life are harmonized, life becomes music. Otherwise, it is noise!
- Let it go: Process of letting go is amazing. It is 3 step process. Breath in, Hold and let go. Take energy from the cosmos with each breath in (and there is lot of it …unlimited). With each breath out let go off all the worries, stresses, negative thoughts. The moment you let it go you are free and full of energy.
- Be 100% : In present moment. Right now right here. (Thoughtless mind, heart full of love n hands always busy).
- In the presence of more energetic, enthusiastic person.
- Deep Rest: There is one saying in Chinese which says: If nothing works , you are confused just go and sleep. Take deep rest, go for vacation etc. This will recharge you.
The above things keep recahrging battery of my life. Do comment and share the things that keeps you energetic and enthusiastic.
Our nature is joy, and enthusiasm. However sometimes it gets clouded but it can never go. Our consciousness is ‘nitya-nutan’ (ever fresh). This is with us forever.
Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy
Become one whose enthusiasm never dies, come what may.